Wednesday, May 11, 2005

London Transport

Don’t forget to watch the Bearded Ladies doing their ‘Speeding’ thing tonight on C4 at 11.30.

Late in this morning, as tubes were delayed due to a body on the line, then I was nearly hit by a bus. Not to diminish the seriousness of someone being killed, but for a second I though ‘maybe I wasn’t almost killed by a bus, maybe it went through me like in that advert, and it turns out the first body on the line was mine, and actually I was dead’. So I ran up and down Oxford Street shouting ‘Poke me!’ and eventually someone did* and we could acertain that I was actually mostly alive, which was good.

So I’m up London, GWing away like a good ‘un. Pulled an all-nighter (always wanted to say that) over at Vic and Rob’s (producers’) house Monday night. Wrote bits of script, drank beer and sent out for a takeaway and everything. Oh, and we looked up creationist websites very late at night, just for fun. I was worried about leaving Rob with them, in case his simple brain was fuddled by their complex arguments of Just Because, All Right?, but I was very tired, and went to bed to read my New Avengers comic in which Spider-Man fights a dinosaur. Spider-Man is bemused as the reader by this, which is nice.

I actually thought the whole 'hey it's getting late, why don't you stay the night' thing was a pretext for Vic and Rob getting me drunk and sexing me up, but nothing happened. That I remember. I do remember the bed I slept in had a very princessy bit of netting over it, with coloured stars and things, which I liked. I might order one of those when I get back to Cornwall.

Saw Agent Ginny for the first time since her holiday, which was with a war correspondent on the Pakistan/Afghanistan border. Two weeks of running from men with guns. I tried to look jealous, but couldn’t really do a convincing job of it. Anyway, she’s in one piece, which is good, and is fixing me up with more film script meetings while I’m up here, which is clearly more important.

GW2 going well, just trying to piece together an ending that stands up to the ending of series 1. I think we’re getting there, but lots to do yet.

And I saw Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy, which I quite liked, but was distracted by the astonishing beauty of that Zoey Bechemal** (whatever) bird who plays Trillian, who at first I found slightly annoying, and then a second later realised that my annoyance came from the fact I was totally in love with her, and her amazing eyebrow control skills (I rate that very highly in a woman, which is partly why I miss Twin Peaks so much - all the birds on that had top eyebrows, did you notice?). But yes, I rather think I love her. Ori has pointed out that she's not actually a real person, but an actress playing a fictional character. To be honest, I didn't really understand her point.




*Not really, obviously.
**'Zooey Deschanel'. Now I've google-imaged her, and I've decided I only like her with black hair, but I don't think it'll be a problem.

13 comments:

Kt said...

Oh dear. I don't care how luscious she is, or how accomplished her eyebrow control is - how can you entertain any amorous thoughts at all now you know how badly she spells her first name?
Zooey schmooey.

James Henry said...

PP well, that's really more of a london thing anyway. I think Brodie might be down as well. Trying to work out who MR D is...

Yes, wacky name spelling is a turn-off, but it might be just a stage name. I'll look into this.

JonnyB said...

"Just because"

I like that.

cello said...

James, I find it hard to reconcile your love of role-playing, D&D, Star Wars and other violent fantasies with wind-up butterflies, cuddly dinosaurs and wanting a "princessy bit of netting with coloured stars" over your bed.

I think you are actually two people, who write the blog in a Cox and Box fashion? Do I get a prize now?

Fizzy good said...

I think role-playing and cuddly butterfly netting (whatever) go together quite well actually.

James Henry said...

Prosactly.

cello said...

Only in your crazy worlds. Maybe the netting could double as a mosquito screen when you are out on 'jungle manoevres'.

Maus said...

I think you're right about the Trillian actress, she is quite extraordinary. Excellent accent too. I want one of those white flared space suits!

Hope they make 3 more so we can see what they do about Fenchurch.

Maus said...

i google imaged her too. Agree with you again about the dark hair. And I think her quality is an animated one, so still pictures don't do it justice. Like Becky "Newsround" Jago in that respect.

Fizzy good said...

My crazy worlds?

Anonymous said...

Ah! Running away from men with guns, the fun way to fitness!

cello said...

Your crazy worlds. Yes. As in one each. But, as both you and James are multiple bloggers, maybe your first reading was right.

Fizzy good said...

My world is perfectly mentally balanced, thank you! And perfectly physically balanced, on the fingertip of the Giant Pixie. And all that.