Sunday, May 29, 2005

a capella

Go here for some fantastic a capella covers of songs such as Radiohead's Karma Police and Weezer's "Say It Ain't So". It uses Justsendit, which isn't always ideal, but pays off if you're persistent. Sometime I'll put up the Laibach cover of "Across the Universe", which beats even the Rufus version. And the Rumal Noorkuu version of "Smells Like Teen Spirit", which every time I play it, causes anyone walking past the house to lift off the pavement and float away in giggling ecstasy. That's how good it is. But the notes Matt left me on uploading stuff to the james-henry.co.uk website are in my bag somewhere, so I really need to unpack properly now.


NB: Unpacked now. Here they are.

Laibach - Across the Universe

Rumal Noorkuu - Smells Like Teen Spirit

Warning: May Cause Icy Hearts To Melt.

7 comments:

Omission said...

I once was at a party where a Harvard a capella group spontaneously broke into Rammstein's "Du Hast".

James Henry said...

We have a winner.

Anonymous said...

Myself and a friend do a slightly bizzare a capella version of killing in the name by rage against the machine. She also does other songs in a club stylee as well, as she can produce an amazing synth-like sound. I paticuarly appreciated the rendition of Paint it black she once left on my voicemail.

Anonymous said...

Please post that Across the universe cover. The Rufus version is better than the original, so i can't imagine how orgasmic this version must be.

on those a capella songs. my favourite is the alanis cover. thats something really special right there.

cello said...

The Noorkuu is great fun; running around on the grass barefoot stuff. But is it sacrilege to have allowed the Crazy Frog to intrude on my thoughts? It's all the "Ring-ding, g'dang g'dang, ring-ding etc"?

Anonymous said...

That cover version of Smells Like Teen Spirit is the best thing I've heard all year. But unfortunately the link to Karma police etc doesn't work; I get a message for JustSendIt saying that it's an invalid link and makes me sad. Or am I just baffled by yet more new-fangled technology?

James Henry said...

Ah, I think Yousendit has a limited number of times it will download a file, so that might be it for that one. Try singingfish.com though, it's pretty good for finding mp3's.