Wednesday, March 22, 2006

6. Howl through duvet.

1. Get up, go into town and buy a whiteboard.

2. Carefully write up all the different projects I'm working on at the moment, ranging from Vague Half Page Idea I had Six Months Ago, to Secret Special Project I've Been Working On For Three Years And Am Waiting To Hear Back About That If Successful Will Change My Life Beyond All Imagining. This way I look really busy, and I should be motivated to get on with new projects and finish old ones. I hang the whiteboard on the wall. Getting it was a great idea, and I'm glad I had it.

2. Half an hour later get a phone call.

3. Very slowly wipe Secret Special Project off board.

4. Draw curtains.

5. Go back to bed.





Fortunately the 'Bill Bailey interviews Simon Pegg' thing on Chain Reaction was both funny and heartwarming - just two people who have clearly been friends for years having a good chat and giggling at each others' jokes.

Then I realised that a thing I've been working on for a while to no avail might work better as a kids' book than (as it is currently) a treatment for an animated series AND that it would also work perfectly as a roleplaying game, thus allowing me to further develop characters, settings, villains and so on. So I'm currently making up rules for a Nordic anthropomorphic RPG (viking mice!) which I can run when the current Sunday night campaign ends. Perhaps that's what I was destined to do all along.

Still, apologies to the people living below me. For the howling.

7 comments:

felinity said...

Aiee. Sympathies. I have just listened to BB and SP and it has soothed many of the stresses of my day away, god bless 'em both. I hope your tomorrow day is significantly less emotionally devastating than this one.

James Henry said...

Tomorrow will be brilliant. I am chopping down a dead tree over at my mum's.

RAH!

See also 'grrr'.

woot said...

Are dead trees not already lying on their backs with glazed eyes and unquivery leaves?

James Henry said...

Ooh, they should be.

surly girl said...

oh dear. sorry about the special secret project.

have you tried screaming into your pillow? or yodelling into the curtains?

Jocelyn Lavin said...

I just wanted you to know that this post is the saddest thing I have read in ages, so much so that I can't get it out of my mind. (My mind is often unhelpful in this respect.) I keep getting a mental image of you cleaning your whiteboard, which is difficult when I don't know what you look like...

If it's any consolation, I was sent home from work today due to being really ill, and the first thing that's made me smile since then is tonight's Green Wing repeat :-)

James Henry said...

This is a fair and valid point. SSP is certaily going in an SSD while I think on't and get on with something else. But SSP's time will come. Oh yes, it will come.