Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Green Wing DVD signing at (Oxford Street London) Virgin Megastore 2nd October, 6pm.

According to Rob "Julian, Steve, and Pippa are supposed to be coming to the signing, and maybe some of the others, but not Mark".

I should be back from Helsinki then as well, so I might pop along, but one of our party of four disappeared on our day trip to Tallin in Estonia and hasn't yet returned, so I may end up hanging around helping Estonian police with their enquiries. Apparently, the person concerned is apparently a bit of a wanderer, and I wasn't emotionally attached anyway*, so I've got the film rights signed away nice and early.

Still, I'm sure he'll turn up safe and sound etc. whatever.

(If you suspect a lack of sympathy caused by the fact that said person buggered off with our return tickets to Helsinki, you'd be quite right. Although obviously I hope he hasn't been mur-diddly-urdered or anything. Because I imagine that means paperwork)

Also on our trip to Tallin we were serenaded by bastards in capes whilst we were trying to drink gunpowder tea, and later thrice-cursed by locals after refusing to buy ex-soviet passports. All in all, quite an eventful day.



* It wasn't Patch by the way, she's sitting next to me as I type this, shouting at her laptop because people are still sending her work emails WHEN SHE'S SUPPOSED TO BE ON HOLIDAY. If you are one of these people, I will be smashing you up when I get back, so look out.

10 comments:

patroclus said...

>>If you are one of these people, I will be smashing you up when I get back, so look out.<<

If you are one of these people *and* you are reading this, it's probably safe to assume that I didn't mean you, and that you are therefore probably exempt from this manly threat.

Probably.

Anonymous said...

Hurrah I will have relocated down south by the 2nd so I will be coming along to said signing. Do students get a discount at virgin megastores?

Hope you and patch are having a great time! (minus possible death of said wanderer)

Anonymous said...

Would you recommend Tallin (bastards in capes, cursing locals etc notwithstanding)? We couldn't go to Estonia when we were in Helsinki recently because the children don't have photo ID, but we're hoping to go back soon (without kids).

Anonymous said...

I hope you find the Helsinki Wanderer; and have a safe flight home. :-)

Question: what's wrong with Scotland?* Why can't people do signings up here?




*Okay - the teenage pregnancy rates, murder rates and obesity rates. They're pretty wrong. But we have nice hills and lochs to make up for them.

cello said...

As I am moving into Centrepoint temporarily this Friday, and hence about 3 hops away, it would be churlish not to go along. However at the last signing, which I only went to because of Poppy - honest - Julian said, " Oh, hello. It's you again. Are you following me around?" Which made me feel even more of a tit than I did already. Very unfair too as, of the 3 times we have met, 2 were complete serendipity and only one was me being mad stalker woman. I wanted to quote Caroline and say "You can be very hurtful sometimes." But then that might suggest that I have the tiniest remnants of 'the crush' which I swear I DON'T.

But most concerned about you two being stranded in Tallin airport with cursing capes and serenading detectives all round you. Are you sure you aren't on the set of Series 2 Life on Mars? And do you need any bacon sandwiches to be couriered over?

LoRi~fLoWer said...

I need to use asterisks more often. Sounds like an interesting and eventful holiday, I hope you guys are taking lots of pictures.

Anonymous said...

Lights burning torch in readiness.

LUMPUS said...

wil they sign a copy of the ALLO ALLO DVD saing DERE PEANUT THANKYO FOR THE TROUSR PRESS LOVE BUSTER MERYFIELD

if not then im not intrested

PS i dint send partrocralus any emails but i did wish i was a birdie

Anonymous said...

Damn can't it wait a couple of monts til I will be in England... or just all fly over to NZ

Anonymous said...

Peanut; you're a pedant's nightmare.

Or dream, depending on whether said pedant thrives on mistakes or loathes them.