Sunday, December 18, 2005

Well it's true.

Meandering gently through town today, reflecting on the particularly tough hand that seems to have been dealt to many of the people I know in just the past few days: multiple deaths (not the people I know, but deaths of people they knew, if you see what I mean), serious illnesses, trips-of-a-lifetime having to be cancelled due to laughable incompetence, stupid injuries that have turned really quite pointlessly nasty - lots and lots of equally ghastly stuff.

And then I caught my reflection in a shop window in town and thought: 'Good god, this is the best my hair has ever looked.'

I nearly had it cut very short last week, as well. Funny how things turn out.


UPDATE: It's back to normal now. Tch. I must walk the streets as a mortal being once again.

(mutters) Stupid mortal beings....

*kicks stone*

7 comments:

Kirses said...

ha! you're a very fortunate man...

woot said...

Hair is a very fickle thing so beware. My hair has also got to the "looks alright even though it hasnt been cut in ages" stage. This stage is very short. Wont be long before it looks like it belongs to a scarecrow that has been dragged through a hedge backward and once i get it cut it will look like it has just been cut until it again reaches the looks okay stage.

Rats - my hair has just finished the looks ok stage while i was typing this...

Dave said...

I was sat next to a very nice girl yesterday; after chatting to her for quite a while, her boyfriend then turned up - my barber. I beat a hasty retreat - my head is, after all, in his hands.

Occasional Poster of Comments said...

Sadly, it won't last. Two days tops. I agree with woot, hair seems to have a definite tipping point. The 'Ooh, that looks good' day is a sure sign it'll need cutting soon. Every silver lining has a cloud and all that. Of course, let's hope yours is the exception to prove the rule.

Unknown said...

OPC is right - the "God, I'm sexy" moment means its time to book yourself into the barber (or Dave's barber) in exactly 1 week's time.

Matt said...

carefull kicking that stone...you dont want to get a stupid injury that turns out to be pointlessly nasty....

James Henry said...

Hmm, a perfectly valid point....