Friday, May 01, 2009

Note To Self

Although it's good to be enthusiastic about a project when discussing it with a producer, there is a certain point beyond which one should not go. Otherwise, while discussing the point in a particular 18th Century autobiography you're looking at adapting, where the protagonist 'takes a common prostitute against an alley wall' you might notice a momentary flicker of discomfort passing across the face of said (female, BBC, elegant) producer, only to realize on the way back on the train that what you'd done at that point was act out the motions, groinal thrusts and all, which will cause you to make a(nother) low moaning noise as you slump down in your seat, annoying the pinstriped man next to you, who's just trying to read a pamphlet about antique sports cars.

Argh.

7 comments:

? said...

You nutcase!

Ha!

Oli said...

I had a producer make orgasm noises down the phone at me yesterday. Clearly we should swap.

Beleaguered Squirrel said...

I know that "low moaning noise" so well. No no, behave yourself, I mean when I suddenly remember something stupid or humiliating I've done. Which happens too bloody often.

Eleanor said...

D'oh!

Maybe she'll like that you were so into the sto-- urgh. I'm not helping. I'll shut up.

Tim F said...

Boswell, I'm guessing. Jumped-up tosser. Him, not you.

James Henry said...

Ah, now you're thinking of the older Boswell. This is actually the younger Boswell, going from his London journals from 1760-61, when he was in his early twenties , so he is, in fact, an EVEN MORE POMPOUS jumped-up tosser with ideas far above his station, an obsession with celebrities and an utter conviction of his own genius.

I've become quite fond of him.

Anonymous said...

It is, however, one way of making a lasting impression. Not a good impression, true. But lasting.