Saturday, January 20, 2007

Chris Lowe was good too.

I always wanted to be a keyboard player in an electropop band, an ambition hampered only by my utter lack of musical ability.

I mention this purely because a song ("Tony The Beat" by The Sounds) which was already very good indeed:



... has now been given a remix and a new video with perhaps the greatest keyboard player I have ever seen, combining as he does, petulance, stoicism, intellectualism and 'not taking any shit from monkeys'.



Via popjustice. More Rex the Dog here.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I nearly spat my lentil soup all over the screen watching that dog.

You gotta love electro.

Rose said...

I am broken with laughter.

I don't know why this has tickled me so.

Tim Footman said...

"...an ambition hampered only by my utter lack of musical ability"

And you think this hampered the mighty Dave Ball?

Anonymous said...

Am I the only person who finds it really amusing that a dog (who looks quite like the dog mascot of NYDC restaurants) is playing on a synthesizer called "the CAT"?

james henry said...

Dave Ball from The Grid? I loved that Terxas Cowboys song, it were ace. And yes, the Cat bit should possibly have been covered up.

patroclus said...

I thought Dave Ball was the other one in Soft Cell, but I could be well wrong about that.

I could just look it up, I suppose.

But Texas Cowboys was indeed ace.

patroclus said...

UPDATE: Oh.

belladona said...

Ooh. I like The Sounds, me.