Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Me ovarian shorn dry.

Maus Congeniality has a brave stab at decyphering Cocteau Twins lyrics, and writing as someone who once genuinely believed there was a Nine Inch Nails lyric that read 'My skin is baggy at the knees'*, I am most impressed.

On a similar note, here's Fellowship of the Ring captioned in World of Warcraft speak, which will make sense to approximately three people (via Screenhead)

And finally, best use of the word 'toink' in a webcomic.

* Apparently it was 'My skin is begging to be pleased', which is actually rubbish. Trent should have got me to vet his lyrics for him. I'd have sorted his hair out for him as well, but it's too late for that now.


6 comments:

felinity said...

My skin is begging to be pleased

I quite like that line, actually. It's a little creepy, perhaps, but after the few pints I have consumed it brings up a happy gentle image (something non-scary like arm-stroking, or a relaxing massage).

Not, granted, as entertaining as a reference to baggy knee skin.

Maus said...

hey thanks for the plug. I really will download Life on Mars now.

irony in motion said...

Well, 'My skin is baggy at the knees' is going to have to go in a song now. Possibly a reworking of 'Should I Stay or Should I Go', because it fits very well.

Anonymous said...

All this talk of misheard lyrics prompted me to clear up a mishearing of my own. Apparently, the line in "You Should Be Dancing" by the Bee Gees is not "Why don't you stick it in your lemon dip?" but "What you doin' on your back aah?" I still prefer mine, especially as I had a great fondness for Sherbet Dabs in m'youth!

woot said...

Is it just me r is "toink" quite Professor Frink-ish?

wv - tvcab. for those people who don't want to talk to the driver

MaryAn Batchellor said...

Hmm... both of those are better than my interpretation which conjures up all sorts of sordid images... "my skin is bedding this disease".